I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Come on in....the kitchen is warm!

Hello there, this is a repost from last October, but my kitchen looks pretty much like this today.
I love fall colors and decorate every season.  So come on in..... the kitchen is warm!
Love, Brooke

Picture 046

Hello Dear Friends…. hope you all are well on this cold (Winter) night.
I know it is not Winter yet….but darn it feels like it!
Picture 049
It has been so cold and rainy here all week.  I must say, I miss Fall.
Picture 035
It is one of my favorite times to decorate.
Picture 079
All of these are picture from my own kitchen.  This one is a very old pumpkin that my mom had when I was little…. somehow it survives….in this house it’s a wonder!
Picture 040
This shelf is new…I just love it….Made by a friend….
Picture 068
The perfect shade of green….
Picture 042
Boo!  The girls love these little things around the house.
Picture 050
I still remember many of our home’s decorations and my grandmothers things.
Picture 069
I think it is important to celebrate the seasons and make your space welcoming.
Picture 038
I have a “Charlie Brown” tree and wreath lit up on a buggy seat by the French doors.
Picture 063
It is pretty when you come in my back door.
Picture 065
The old coal stove has a spicy scented candle burning sweetly.  It is from hubbys grandfather’s home built in 1912.  It was used not too very long ago!
Picture 057
As you can see, my kitchen is “Fall” all year, the colors are pumpkin, sage and creams.
The cabinets are a “Cider” stained oak….. I am still shopping for the perfect knobs three years after the house is finished…lol.
Picture 062
And I love my plaid wallpaper and garden themed rug.  I only have paper on these two walls, but it is so pretty.  I am a wallpaper person I guess, and I love plaids.
Picture 064
This is a high chair I got at a flea market for $15 this spring…what a deal.  It needs refinished on the tray, but for now it is character….lol.
Picture 074
My husband’s friend is always telling me I need to Round-Up in here… there is things growing everywhere…  I have a ton of silk flowers and greenery.  It may be “out” but this decorator loves it.
Picture 083
But not everything is fake….I got this cute little mum from work last week.
Picture 080
And I just love the colors on this houseplant…it would be so lovely in a border!
Picture 084
So here it is October 16th and the “tree count” has started…. I have the little 30 inch one in the kitchen….
Picture 093
And two in the entry!
IMG_0435
This area screams fall color all year round.  I love the rich reds and rusts in this paper.
You can see this area thru my front door and the lights on the tree just glow.
Picture 054
But they are Fall Trees, not Christmas…yet!  You see I am a Christmas decorating nut….I have a 12 foot tree I put in the entry that reaches the top of the stairs.  You can see it thru the 2nd story windows.  The stairs wrap around it and it is HUGE!
IMG_0010
This is not the best picture of it, I cannot get is all in one shot, this is just the top half!
Last year I put up 9 trees total….one (or more) in almost every room.
Picture 086
But I just love the white lights on these cold gray days!  And I love to decorate too, the house seems really empty once I take everything down.  So I guess the season has begun…..  from outside to inside…nothing is ever simply done if I have anything to do with it.  But for now…. it is cold and rain. 
IMG_0417
Weather like this  makes me want to snuggled in our warm house…. like Scooby here!
IMG_0422
Have you ever seen such a sight…he is so spoiled.
I have been busy in the garden when I can be.  If the sun ever comes back out I will take some pics of new beds I have worked on lately.
Happy Fall Everyone…enjoy it!
~Brooke~

This was a repost from last fall....here are some other posts you might enjoy with pictures of our home.

Beginning the process of building....
Beginning construction of our home....
A tour of the inside before we moved in.....
Makings of the gardens....
More holiday pictures....
Easter decor pictures....

7 comments:

  1. Your home looks so cozy and inviting. I could just sit down and have a cup of coffee with you and look about....and I don't even like coffee LOL! Thanks for sharing. I wish I didn't have to work...I would decorate more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke....absolutely stunning, warm, cozy, spectacular! I loved it all--and you know I'm a sage person too. My house is autumn all year long. thanks for sharing--enjoyed it very much and will share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall decor! Everything looks warm and inviting.
    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fall decor! The buggy seat is awesome! I wish I had a bigger kitchen (house) just so I could decorate more! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Brooke,
    You have a lovely home, and I love all of your autumn accents!! I received my seeds from you today. I can't wait to get them planted. Thank you also for my gift. You are very kind and generous. Please come and visit me at Bunny Cottage. You can see my home and garden where your seeds will be planted. Have a lovely week~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. How inviting! I love all the fall decorations and sure do like that shelf. What a great friend you have!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Popular Posts