Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October is for Roses, Hollyhocks and Reblooming Iris!

IMG_7312

I have been away for a few days and my garden really perked up while I was gone.

IMG_7313

These “The Fairy” roses will fade to almost white, but with so many blooms they are bright pink right now.

IMG_7309

What is it about roses and angel statues…. they just are a perfect match!

IMG_7318
IMG_7330

I have one good yellow one for you today…. it is my faithful “Countrytime”….
the one everyone wants when they visit.

IMG_7305

But this is mine today…. Immortality Reblooming Tall Bearded Iris….
It has three more buds to open just.  How fantastic for the middle of October?

IMG_7316

And I have to make a note to brag on the hollyhocks, they have bloomed almost nonstop since June.  I cut this one back after collecting seeds and it sent more new blooms.  It has several more to come.  I have seeds in stock for this white one in my store----

Seed Store 

Happy fall everyone, I hope you are enjoying it in your gardens as I am…..Brooke

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Hollyhock is one of my favorites. I have a difficult time keeping the gophers from eating ours. This year, so far so good. I hope to get repeat blooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year for the cooler temperatures and wonderful fall colors. Roses seem to like it, too. Yours are gorgeous. You are right about the combination of roses and an angel statue. They go together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous roses! I agree that roses lend themselves well to plantings with angels and other statuary. I am not surprised everyone wants Countrytime! I'll bet it has a lovely fragrance too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris in October --how wonderful!

    They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My My, such beautiful blooms! Your Fairy rose is so pretty. Mine are just getting started, having planted them just this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa Pellerey de GiniOctober 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM

    I live in SouthAmerica(Uruguay). Hier is spring now. How to grow "Iceberg Rose"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosa Pellerey de GiniOctober 16, 2010 at 6:47 AM

    ¡Sorry! I wrote "here" in German... my english is not so good... I am interested in "Iceberg Roses" because Uruguay has a cold climate, with long and very windy winters and autumnts (about 6 months). How can I grow them?
    I am beggining my own garden roof. You can see some photos of it on my Facebook... As soon as posible I am going to upload new photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there...this is week #4 of Cottage Flora Thursday's on my blog....i'm looking for others that share a passion for gardening! hope to see you link this post! It is so beautiful!!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Brooke, I adore your home and Garden. I love the angels and cherubs that are watching over your roses. And I envy your private wonderful place on earth..You are very lucky. I'm now following you because your garden is beautiful..
    Have a wonderful day,
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!