Monday, August 15, 2011

Bloom Day - August

Joining Carol of May Dreams Garden for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day and Ms. Green Thumb - Jean for Blooming Tuesday.  August brings loads of color to my butterfly garden overlooking the lake.  It is a nice place to sit and enjoy the view and the things that flutter by.  This week we have had loads of dragonflies, butterflies and Gold Finches.  The finches especially love the coneflowers that are starting to go to seed.  We have had some good rain showers this week, which has helped me so much not to be watering as much.  Garden chores continue….  collecting seed, clean up, planting and soon I will be doing a big fall mulch. 

IMG_0616
IMG_0619
IMG_0622
IMG_0633
IMG_0621
IMG_0632
IMG_0634
IMG_0635
IMG_0745
IMG_0626

I am excited to show you I captured one of my beloved blue dragonflies on a rose.  They are everywhere out here, they will even land on your arms while gardening…

Thanks for stopping by….Brooke

10 comments:

  1. Your garden is absolutely beautiful. What a serene spot to sit and enjoy nature! Thanks for sharing your lovely area with us and happy bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blooms! My favorite photo is of the bench flanked in echinacea...beautiful! What a nice place to sit and view such lovely blooms! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your August garden is looking spectacular! Quite envious here.
    Happy GBBD :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blooms look so nice Brooke. Are you having to water now? It is so dry. I think you might have received a bit more rain than here. Our grass is going dormant. Sigh~~ Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos! Such a beautiful garden, I believe you are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is beautiful! The bench looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, I love your home and garden. Just beautiful! The pink bush is so pretty; wondering what it is? Glad you got rain. God's watering just seems to work better than city water to make our plants flourish. Plus it's easier and cheaper! lol
    I enjoyed my visit today.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely views you have and lovely blooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is so very lovely...and I'm so jealous of your dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!