Saturday, November 12, 2011

The cold winds blow….

Now the autumn days are gone
Frost is sparkling on the lawn,
Windows winking cheerful lights
Warm the cold November nights.
Author Unknown

IMG_1768 copy
-Guara in my November Garden-

To listen to the wind howl… you would think it was 40 below.  It just sounds cold.  But it did warm up to the low 60s today.  Unfortunately we did get the hard frosts they forecasted.  Today I wandered around for a bit and saw so many of my beautiful leaves were either black or missing all together.  I have worked quite a bit this week at the school and we have had sporting events with the girls.  I feel like I didn’t get all I had wanted accomplished in the garden.  But surely we will have a few more warmer days to come.  If the dang wind would just die down.

I did put up my welcome lights in my windows along the front porch.  One more sign that winter is here, I never put them up until I know I wont be opening the windows anymore.  They are so pretty.  I love the idea of lights glowing in the house as you approach. 

I have been feeling horrible with a cough/congestion cold.  Spent most of the day in front of the tv.  Did fix some brownies and supper… watched two movies with the girls.  Hubby mowed all the yard and field for the last time this year I am guessing.   It was a good day to catch up reading my gardening blogs and to see what all is happening in the gardening world.

Happy to say I have been contacted to use some of my photos for an upcoming publication.  Haven't worked out all the details, but as soon as I know something for sure I will tell you all about it!

Have a great weekend and Happy Gardening….Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!