Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Mixed Border

IMG_3545
The far side of the walkway to our deck is bloom nicely this week.  It is a mix of things from our garden club sale last year and divisions from around the garden.  I have been expanding this bed, but it has too much drainage and even the mulch washes badly down the hill.  But it is in full sun, and now in its second year it is starting to look like a garden.  Here are some of the plants blooming there….
IMG_3546
Nelly Moser Columbine…
IMG_3547
Chives….
IMG_3550
IMG_3549
Dark Pink and White Columbine…
IMG_3551
Goldflame Honeysuckle…
IMG_3542
IMG_3541
And last but not least I have some Geums that are blooming happily.  These are so tiny they can easily get lost in my thick plantings.  But they are stunning in bloom each Spring.
There are several more things in this area. Next to bloom is Blue Baptisma, Husker Red Penstemon, Basil and various irises.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you are visiting for the first time, please consider following me.
If you leave me a comment I will follow you back!


~Brooke~


n1299302749_2030_thumb1_thumb_thumb
I garden in Southwestern Indiana, Zone 6b. Garden tours are available during season. I also lecture and freelance write for gardening sites. If you are interested in my content, please email me for more information.
If you are in my area I have reblooming and hybrid irises and daylilies for sale during early fall. I also have select heirloom seeds for sale or trade.



Linking to:

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (The 15th of Every Month) at Carol's May Dreams Gardens
 Homemaker on a Dime's  Creative Bloggers Hop Sunday's at 5.
 Chari's Sunday Favorties at Happy to Design

My posts are also shared at:
Gardenchat_logo_reasonably_small422
WebGarden-Icon22
All photos of my own home and garden ©Brooke Kroeger – Creative Country Mom
email622222222222222[2]facebook_logos-7522222222222222[2]twitter-logo422222222222222[2]rss-128522222222222222[2]email-updates_thumb142222222222222[2]blogspot523222222222222[2]

9 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke. so lovely to find a post full of blooms on my reading list this Sunday morn. I adore roses, columbines and irises. I have been following your blog for some time but have not stopped by for a while. I have done a few post on gardens that I have visited but will post more on my own as I redo it. We are in the midst of autumn here and yesterday i had a fun day at A rare plant sale!

    Great pics Brookes.

    Have a happy Sunday.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica, yes I remember you! Nice to hear from you again! Oh cool, I love plant sales. So many of my things have come from other local gardeners. And a rare plant sale sounds even better. We have had some very unusual weather here in the Midwest part of the States. Things are blooming about 4 weeks or more ahead of time. It makes me happy, yet a bit worried what our hot humid season will be like. Thanks so much for stopping by, do I belong to your site? I will click on your picture to make sure I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the birds singing on your blog ... sometimes when I visit I leave your blog open on my browser so I can have your garden singing in my office!

    Happy Spring Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Spring is well under way in your neck of the woods! Some very pretty things blooming. I love Columbines, mine did exceptionally well this year and have bloomed for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love columbines as well, I cannot seem to pass them up. Mine have just started blooming and several I am hoping to collect seed for to move to new areas for more!

      Delete
  5. All of your blooms are beautiful. I am especially drawn to your columbine...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...